Bright Spot in a Tough Week

Apologies to all for the lack of updates. Bobby's been doing so well I suppose we are at risk of taking his good health for granted. He had a good report in May, and after 25 rounds of Torisel, he's continued manage the side effects pretty well. Last Wednesday we had another "how goes it" with Dr Keller to look at his most recent CT Scan.  Once again, everything looked stable, no regression, but also no growth, so we are happy.

Thankfully, it was evidence that God really doesn't give you more than we can handle, as it's been a really tough week. 

My sister Lynne has not had very good reports the past couple of months, her cancer has spread heavily into her lungs. I was with her in Tucson a week and a half ago and was very concerned about how weak she became over the course of just a few days. I extended my visit by 5 days to be there for a lung biopsy, which ended up not happening (really long and interesting story for another time). But instead came home on full time oxygen.  Within just a few days, she had an echocardiogram for screening purposes with the intent of starting a new chemo, but instead discovered a fluid buildup on her heart.  She had surgery last Saturday, where they removed 2 liters (think large coke bottle!) of fluid from her lungs and a large amount from around her heart. The surgery has helped alleviate much of the discomfort and breathlessness, but of course doesn't get to the underlying disease. Just when we thought we'd turned a corner, a CT scan was ordered to figure out why her right arm was starting to swell.  Didn't figure that out, but instead discovered the presence of multiple lesions in her brain.  Bad news became much worse.  At this point, she is still in the hospital, hoping to come home within a week. 

So please add my sister Lynne to any prayer lists out there.  She's an amazing woman who has fought a tremendous battle against a formidable foe, and her faith and spirit has not waned.  She has much yet to accomplish. Thank you for joining us as we pray for God's perfect peace, perfect grace, and perfect timing.

Love, Juli



3 comments:

Nana Jan said...

I had you on my heart all weekend....and thought especially about Leslie's smile. Who could ever forget it? I'm so glad to know that Bobby is continuing to win the battle and I'm so grateful for the good report. My heart breaks for you as you walk this path with your sister. I know she has faced every step with courage and it must be terribly upsetting to get the reports that she has received. I will pray for her, as I did my sister... "I trust you, God" was often the only prayer I could utter. I'm so glad you were able to be with her and know that your love has brought her great peace and comfort. So glad for the update. I won't stop praying.

Cheri said...

Just found your blog and wanted you to know that we will be praying. Stay strong.

Jim and Ann Vert said...

Thanks for the update Juli. We are rejoicing on Bobby's progress and praying fiercely for Lynne & Ricky; and for your whole family. Much love to you all