Whew, we're done. We had to skip the 2pm dose on Sunday, due to low blood pressure, but took the 10pm dose last night. Bobby had the rigors at midnight, followed by an assortment of issues, including more low blood pressures, which kept him from taking the last dose this morning.
Needless to say, we didn't sleep much, but that's been the case all week. I nearly came unglued over the heart monitor at 4am this morning. It picks up every little thing and beeps an alarm. At one point I watched the clock and counted 187 beeps in 7 minutes, none of which actually required attention, so it begs the comparison to the little boy who cried wolf. It felt like some bizarre form of torture, which then made me wonder just how well Jack Bauer would hold up under the whole IL2 experience (we watched 24 last night). To be fair, the nurse was finally able to change out the equipment and the false alarms were less frequent.
So, all in all, they are still calling it a very successful round, getting 10 of 14 doses. We're just glad it's over. We will leave here for Memphis either late this afternoon or in the morning, depending on how long it takes to get the BPs stable and off the Neosynephrine. The plan is still to be in Tulsa for Thanksgiving.
Speaking of Thanksgiving, we are very thankful for so many things. I thought about writing a list, but knew I would omit something someone had done. So suffice it to say, we have appreciated each and every prayer, encouragement and kindness shown to us by friends, family and even the new acquaintances we've made here at Vanderbilt. God has used each of you to truly bless us. Thank you. Love, Juli
9 comments:
We truly thank God that Bobby withstood the treatments as well as he did...he was well prepared and girded up by so many who love you all. We look forward to have you home where you belong and assume that the bed in Memphis tonight will be a welcome sight. You continue to amaze us, and while I know it's hard (you know, this part is really, really hard!), you've been an example to so many of God's unending sufficiency...and your faithfulness to Him has been an inspiration. We love you!
Well done. Get some well-deserved rest and drive home safely. kt
its over! i am so glad! praying that yall make it home safely and that the treatment is successful! cant wait to see you and give you both a big hug at Christmas...if you can get your arms around the baby that is now making my waist disappear! love yall so much,
ada
Good job you two! Sounds like a successful trip to me! but I'm no doctor - not even a nurse!
I am so thankful this 2nd round of treatments is over and you can head for Tulsa for Thanksgiving. I know you are both exhausted and hope that being home will bring rest and rejuvenation. Give yourselves a huge pat on the back, drive safely and take special care of yourselves. You are a remarkable pair.
Gobs and Gobs of love to you, Lina
WOW!!! I logged in to see how your day had gone because I thought Bobby would be starting his treatment again today since it's Monday. Since you had gone to Memphis, I didn't realize you went back to Vanderbilt last Thursday. Bob and I have been praying for you both and now I realize that it's over. I'm so thankful and relieved that I could cry. I read everything you have written, Juli, and you are a great chronicler! Hang in there, Bobby. Your body will be able to completely heal and recover now. And I know when you guys pull into the drive way in Tulsa and walk in the door, you are going to hug the walls! HOME SO SWEET HOME!!! Love and prayers, Bob and Karen
So glad that it's over and that you are going to be home for Thanksgiving. I know you will be glad to be out of the hospital room and in your own house. It's been such a blessing to follow along on the blog - thanks for posting faithfully! Have a safe trip back and we'll see you in Tulsa. Love, Lisa
You and Bobby are both extremely strong people and a great example to the rest of us. I hope that you guys can rest a little once you get back home.
I will be thinking of you guys this week, and hoping you have a great Thanksgiving as you deserve it. What an inspiration you two are to everyone that has followed this. Dee is back in US and I will be spending the day in Hanoi, how surreal is that...
Love u guys,
Kevin
Safe travels to Memphis and then on to Tulsa. Hopefully you can get some much needed rest in Memphis before the longer run to T-town. Know that we would love to come see you when you are home, but will stay away and give you time to recover.
Ragin' & Nut
Post a Comment