Rest + Food + Football = Home!

Bobby made such good progress on Thursday, they released us at 7:30pm. It was wonderful to be back  home in time for Michael to arrive from Norman, watch the crazy OSU v. Texas A&M football game, and to sleep in our own bed.  Without knowing we'd be home, our next door neighbor Marlene had come over & stocked the fridge with some comfort food - KFC chicken, biscuits, mashed potatoes and green beans!

Yesterday and today, I think Bobby has continued to make great progress. Pain management is the name of the game, taking enough meds to not hurt but not so much that he's groggy.  Our good friend Linda brought brisket and potato casserole for dinner last night, along with some Marie Callender Razzleberry Pie. Yum, yum!

Today, one of my business partners Lisa, and her husband Kyle (Bobby's racquetball partner) stopped by with some tofu, black bean, corn & goat cheese tacos. I've had it before at our Leslie Group meetings, and it's really tasty.  Dinner tonight is taken care of!  And tomorrow, another friend Tami is bringing Chicken & Noodles - more comfort food! Oh, and another friend Barbie left a few things for later in our freezer.

So, as you can see, we are not going hungry!  In fact, I think I'm making up for Bobby's slight lack of appetite by doubling up my portion - the occupational hazard of the caregiver, I suppose.  We are so thankful for the thoughtfulness of all our friends, whether they come bearing food or not. The visits, calls, emails, voice mails, text messages, facebook posts, thoughts and prayers have been so encouraging. Thank you!

On tap today: Miami-Clemson is on right now, followed by OU-Texas. Go Sooners!

Love, Juli

No comments: