Meet Erythema Multiforme Major

I thought about posting pictures of Bobby's chest and and back, but they aren't for the squeamish of stomach. Suffice it to say, he looks worse than the photos I saw when I googled "erythema multiforme," which is just a more challenging way to say a "skin condition of unknown cause." At least we have a name, but not any closer to knowing the cause.  The rash is getting better, at least on the outside, but Bobby's still feeling pretty bad. Hasn't been able to eat or drink much at all, and itching, despite being on antihistimines and steroids.  They added an antibiotic and antiviral for good measure.  He's had a chest xray, abdominal ultrasound, and EKG.  We are still in ICU, but are expecting to move to a regular room today. Hopefully home by the end of the week.

Before this unexpected turn of events, he was scheduled for a catscan on Friday, and results next Tuesday to determine the next step for his chemo treatment.  Everything's up in the air right now.

To add to the frustration, the internet was down at the hospital, and our service is down at home as well, from a power surge during the storm on Sunday.  I'm not sure which neighbor has the unsecured linksys internet connection, but I'm thankful to be borrowing it right now.

Thanks for your continued prayers. 

Juli

No comments: