We had what sounded to me like a good report from Dr Fell this
morning. We ended up having an MRI yesterday instead of a CatScan so it
would give him more precise information. The scan showed that the clot
has contracted, as we'd hoped, and the tumor is clearly visible and
close to the surface. He doesn't foresee any significant complications,
other than the routine risks of surgery. Bobby has been concerned about
how much longer he would be in the hospital, and after getting
estimates from the nurses ranging from weeks to months, we were very
pleased to hear Dr Fell say we should only have to be in the hospital 3
days, one in ICU the rest on a regular floor. We'll continue speech
therapy on an outpatient basis, possibly for 2-3 months. He expects a
full recovery. Sounds great to us.
A little story: This morning we were discussing meals
for today, and Bobby told me to go to Cosi's, a little sandwich shop
nearby, and showed me what he wanted on their website (Santa Fe Wrap).
He's been meeting there every Monday morning with two friends for
several years. He told me there's a nice muggle (woman) who lives
(works) there and has a little girl (turns out it was a boy), and he
wants me to tell her that he "likes her alot," So I obediently drove
down to Cosi's and was their first customer. I recognized her and told
her my husband comes in every Monday. She said, oh yes, he's had cancer,
hasn't he? How's he doing? I told her not great, and briefly shared
the situation, then gave her Bobby's message. I told her that her
friendliness and kindness to him every Monday had obviously made an
impression, and he wanted her to know. She was so touched, especially
since today is going to be her last day at Cosi's, she's going to a new
job starting tomorrow. We hugged, and we wished each other well. As
Bobby and I enjoyed our wraps and coffee back in the room, I was amazed
at how God uses the kindness of strangers to bless us, and allows us to
be a blessing to others, even in our weakness.
Surgery is
scheduled for 9am tomorrow. We'll report on the other side. Thank you
for checking on us and continuing to lift us up, praying that we would
be in the center of his perfect will for our lives. He is good and worthy to be praised. May you all be blessed this Christmas with peace and joy and hope.
Love, Juli
Oh, and I forgot to mention, several of the
nurses up here have told me that if they had to have brain surgery,
they would want Dr Fell. I figure that's a pretty good endorsement!
3 comments:
Hi Juli & Bobby, I just loved your little story about the sandwich shop. Those are such nuggets of gold in this walk with the Lord.
You are surrounded with love and prayers.
Lovingly,
Bobby and Juli, I'm so glad to hear that the clot has contracted, the tumor is reachable and surgery will go on as planned for this morning.
Know that I will be praying for you guys while you are in surgery and beyond. I can totally see how God can use people in their weakness to bless others. I saw that in Robin and I see that in both of you. I love you!
Your brother in Christ,
Frank
Thanks for yet another good post. It sure helps us muggles out here - still out here praying for good news. It was so nice to see the waiting room filled this morning with people you love - and who love you and Bobby. Prayers are continuing.
Love, Lina
Post a Comment