And of course by that I mean Zuckerburg and Jobs. Facebook and the iPhone have been a godsend the past few days. Besides reading text messages, email and facebook posts (which are very encouraging), Bobby's been able to point to names of people I need to call, or business I need to take care of. He even used the Starbucks app to point out the Cafe Americano he wanted, and he paid the AmEx bill online through email. He was trying to tell his dad about an airplane he got to ride in recently, and was able to find a photo of it on his friends facebook. Yes, we are thankful to live in the technology age.
At the same time, I don't mean to minimize how frustrating this has been for him, understandably so. Not being able to communicate is incredibly difficult, and he's getting anxious about how slow things are happening here. The nurse asked if he was a "take charge" kind of guy, and I said, well yeah, you could say that. Unlike me, Bobby is not a procrastinator, he wants to get whatever project done sooner rather than later, whether it's keeping the gas tank at half full or having brain surgery. But we are trusting God for His timing, and trying to be patient in the meantime.
Dr Fell should be around soon, and we should have a cat scan this morning. Praying for a good report.
If you'd like to leave Bobby a message, his phone number is 918.853.1152 (texts are better than calls), and his email address is melonf16@aol.com.
Love, Juli
4 comments:
God can use anything for good - even the technology that often frustrates us! What did we do without it, right Juli? Praying. Praying.
I am hardly ever on face book and there you guys are....thank you Lord for always being close by and at work in Bobby and Juli's lives. Phil and I will be on our faces in prayer for a safe, successful surgery and recovery!! We pray for strength, patience, wisdom, and speedy recovery of communication skills....you guys are so loved by us!! Thanks be to the God who is with us so completely every second of the day! Nancy
God's timing is truly amazing. The trial, the tests/reports, the new dr., then the event on Thursday...can't be a coincidence. Praying for a full recovery and strength for your family, knowing all is in God's hands.
Thanks for the updates, Juli, 'cause we are anxious for reports from you about how things are going. Thankful for the technology at our fingertips - helping make communication possible on so many different levels. Still praying for you all, for full and complete recovery. Lina
Post a Comment