Additionally, we are on track to start a new IV treatment called Timsirolimus, or Torisel, after an appointment next Wednesday with Dr Keller. The plan is to do Torisel weekly for 8 weeks, at which time we'll do scans to measure progress. If there's regression, we'll keep doing it. If there's progression, we will stop the Torisel for 4 weeks, and proceed to Bethseda for the NCI Clinical Trial. He's ineligible for the trial for 3 months after radiation, and 1 month after any systemic treatment. We are comfortable with this plan, and relieved to finally have a longer range plan.
The Concerns:
1. The laundry list of potential side effects from radiation in the left temporal lobe include nasty things like dependence on steroids due to swelling, permanent cognitive and speech issues, and even violent tendencies. Lovely.
2. Torisel side effects include fatigue, mouth sores, hives, itching, swelling. Been there, done that.
On the positive side, we were extremely blessed today by receiving over 50 text messages from some of the pledges in Michaels fraternity. It's Initiation Week, so I imagine the pledges are swamped with lots of unpleasant tasks, but this one was optional. Just a sampling:
Now that's some fraternity hazing I could actually support. Thank you to all the fine young men of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity at the University of Oklahoma! You made our day.
Love, Juli
4 comments:
Thanks for the update, Juli. And it's so great to see those texts from Michael's fraternity. Lots of support. Lots of prayers. And you can include us for both. Praying all will go well.
Great update Juli. Glad to know things are moving along. We continue to pray for you and Bobby. Last night our small group prayed again for you. This week, our staff and elders prayed for you. Thanks for keeping us informed about what is happening. I look forward to knowing how the cyberknife experience goes.
Love you.
Frank
Praying for wonderful results with minimal side effects. I'm sorry I couldn't be with you....had a meeting. But I'm "waiting with you." What beautiful encouragement from Michael's frat. No doubt he's had a huge influence on those young men.
Love you,
Jan
Thanks for the update.
The texts from the pledges are amazing.
Post a Comment