Next Stop: Radiation

We have an appointment today with a Radiation Oncologist to consider radiation.  Dr Keller is recommending a localized radiation treatment as a followup to the surgery.  At this point, we have more questions than answers, but hopefully we will learn more today. 

Dr Keller is getting more information about Bobby's eligibility for the clinical trial at Bethesda. No new news on that front.

Speech therapy begins on Wednesday. That should be interesting.  Bobby seems to be doing better, but I'm not sure if we haven't just changed the way we communicate to accommodate the changes.  This week was particularly frustrating, because I decided to finally make the plunge to update our computers and devices to new operating systems.  Under the best of circumstances this can be a daunting task with two iMacs, one laptop, two iPhones and an iPad, but we had the added aggravation of a complete system crash while upgrading the older iMac. Naturally, it's the one Bobby uses. I took it to the Apple Store in the mall, and when I picked it up 3 days later, they said it was "all fixed," only to get home, turn it on and find Lion was there, but none of our data.  I restored the hard drive from the backup I'd made (thankful for that), only to find 3 hours later that the data was there, but the operating system was back to Snow Leopard. It didn't help that the "Geniuses" at Apple said the problem was that I should have backed it up under Lion, which of course was impossible, since the backup was done before the installation, just in case this very thing happened. Not sure which was more frustrating, explaining that to the "Genius" or to my husband with a brain impairment! We took it back to the Apple Store, and thankfully picked it up yesterday, all good. While ordinarily I'm a huge Apple fan, this would not be a good week to ask my opinion!

Things are settling back into a routine: I'm doing some work from home, Bobby's back at his men's groups, we're hitting the gym, going to church, doing household projects.  Routine is a good thing.

Thanks for checking it with us, and for praying for us to make a good decision about the next steps. 

Love, Juli



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that things are progressing and some of your routines are coming back into your life.

God is good, all the time!

Know that you are loved and prayed for regularly

Robin had some of that localized radiation and it seemed to help her. I hope it helps Bobby.

Love you guys!

Frank

Nana Jan said...

Praying for wisdom for every person weighing in on Bobby's care. Love you,