Surgery is still scheduled for tomorrow, September 29, at noon. So today is a low-key day of hanging around the house, enjoying the incredibly beautiful fall day here in Tulsa. Bobby is on a liquid diet today so I made several flavors of Jello for breakfast and looking forward to a yummy lunch of chicken boullion, and can't imagine what we'll do for dinner, perhaps a big glass of apple juice.
I thought I'd post a couple of pictures from last week.
We went to OKC to have dinner with Trip and Michael the night before Trip's squadron was deployed to the Middle East for 4-6 months. We had a great time, and Trip was very patient with my repeated offers to help him pack, clean and/or organize - once a mom, always a mom. Thanks for adding Trip to your prayer list. He's a navigator on the AWACS E-3A.
Also, Bobby's dad flew his Cessna 150 over from Memphis last weekend. It was great to see him, we are so thankful for him, and his good health which allows him to still fly at the age of 84!
And lastly, we were able to celebrate my mom & dad's 54th wedding anniversary with Trip & Michael, Bobby's dad Lynn, and my sister Lynne and brother in law Rick D'Eredita.
Seems like we are busier than we ought to be, but the distractions have, for the most part, been helpful. Helps us not worry about the things we could easily worry about. And since Philippians tells us to be anxious for nothing, but to make our requests known, we'll share that we'd appreciate your prayers for the following:
1. The surgery. That it can be accomplished laparoscopically, with little to no complications.
2. The recovery. That it would be smooth. Quick would be nice too since we'd really like to make it to an out of town wedding next weekend. Leslie's best friend from high school is getting married and we'd love to be there.
3. The complications from the loss of an adrenal gland. That the right adrenal will pick up the slack and accomplish all the complicated balancing of hormones that it does, with minimal side effects.
4. The long term prognosis. There's still that pesky spot on the lungs we will be watching closely, but hopefully the Afinitor he's on will continue to keep it under control and if not that a new drug or combination of drugs will be effective. The good news is that in many ways metastatic cancer is becoming "manageable", the trick is knowing how to manage it.
That about wraps it up. Thanks for praying so faithfully for us. We are indeed most blessed with great family and friends. May God bless you as you have blessed us.
Love, Juli
6 comments:
Bobby and Juli,
Thanks for the update and for telling us how we can pray for you guys. We will be praying, along with our small group, our staff and elders.
I'm so glad y'all had so many blessed moments with the boys and many more family members on such special occasions.
God is good, all the time.
I pray for His mercy, His healing, His protection, His wisdom and His peace to be upon you.
We love you guys and hope to see you soon.
Frank and Susan
Juli, I'm anxious to see your update after the surgery tomorrow. You are both in our prayers of course and God has blessed you in so many ways. He'll continue to do so, and also take care of Trip during his deployment. Trip and Michael are really good looking guys. Love you, Aunt Marge
My prayers are with you and Bobby. Give us an update when you can.
Bobby & Juli,
As I was praying for you today one of the readings I had seen earlier stood out. It was in "Jesus Calling" and reads as follows:
"I AM WITH YOU and all around you, encircling you in golden rays of Light. I always behold you Face to face. Not one of your thoughts escape my notice. Because I am infinite I am able to love you as if you and I were the only ones in the universe."
Will continue to pray today and look for your post after the surgery. With much love & affection,
Juli and Bobby, Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family. =D
Juli and Bobby,
You are in our prayers and we hope to hear good news in the next few days. Love ya lots, Katy Chris, Bryan and Cooper.
Post a Comment