Now I know that time really is going by fast, it's not just the busyness that makes it seem so. I've been in this room for 5 days with only one thing I've had to do - keep Bobby comfortable as he tolerates this treatment - and still the week has flown by. Too bad he's not feeling well enough to fully appreciate that he's the only thing on my To Do list. I know that's been a dream of his, since ordinarily there are way too many items on that list.
The night went really well, at least for me. I was surprised when Bobby told me this morning that he'd had the chills and had taken Dilaudid & Demoral, and I slept right through it! So much for being Caregiver of the Month. In all fairness though, the chills/rigors have been very mild compared to last time - a huge blessing. He took Dose 11 this morning - just 3 more! We can see the finish line.
We had a very nice surprise yesterday when the gift shop delivered a big basket of drinks and snacks. The funny thing was the card read "We're praying for you. Love, Bobby & Juli." I hope that whoever sent that will let us know who you are, because I'm pretty sure we didn't send it to ourselves! Thank you, mystery friend!
We appreciate you checking in with us. Love, Juli
1 comment:
It is truly miraculous for five days in the hospital to "fly by," especially for the caregiver, who may not be sleeping a good deal of the time. I'm so grateful that God has been faithful once again to give Bobby the stamina...and believe that stubborn streak has served you both very well. Love and miss you....Still praying...and appreciate the updates so much.
Post a Comment