Day 6: Back on Track

We had to skip dose 13 last night. The creatinine level dropped but not quite enough (5.1 from 5.4). The good news is it helped us get a better night's rest, although more so for me. Besides the usual hospital harrassment of taking vitals and beeping monitors & pumps, Bobby's still feeling pretty crummy.

The level was barely in the acceptable range this morning (4.91), so we were able to take the last dose at 6am, for a total of 12 doses. We anticipate leaving either this afternoon or in the morning, barring unforeseen circumstances.

All things considered, we're getting the feeling that things have gone better than expected. Twelve doses is well above average, there's been no significant complications and the side effects have been tolerable (easy for me to say). We can't tell you how encouraging it has been to know you've been reading and praying this past week. We are so grateful.
Love, Juli

6 comments:

Nana Jan said...

Praise God!
Your hubby is one tough guy...and his Physician is even tougher!
Bless you.
Love, jan

Anonymous said...

Jane Ann Bright is reading your blog, but most importantly I am sending prayers for you and Bobby. My husband got me up on Saturday at 5:30 a.m. to watch a discovery show on renal cell carcinoma. Greg said nurses could take it for credit and you can watch it online thru discovery.online health. Found 1 new address www.NCCN.org with guidelines for treatment. There are 55,000 new renal cell cases each year. Have you looked at the website www.lef.org which is Life Extension Foundation? One doctor finally told Greg they had not proven any benefit of the last 2 doses, and from this in the 2nd week in the hospital seems like I took 9 or 10 treatments, but on Thursday night I took an Ambien (do not take this) and for 18 hours I wanted to get up, not mind anyone I was out of my mind and do not remember any of it and it scared my husband to death. He would not even leave the room to get a cup of coffee for 18 hours, just to the bathroom. The IL-2 can have these symptoms as well, but both Tim and I both did not like our reaction to the Ambien that is why I am warning you. I remember I got really afraid of one of the nurses and thought she was trying to poison me--it was strange during those 18 hours. Sounds if Bobby is doing great--he is doing better than I did. I will keep up with the blogs. Hope you get to go toward Memphis today. Be sure and bring ear plugs back to the hospital--I don't think I would have made it without them, all the noise, phones ringing. Thank goodness for cell phones and my laptop. Once they give Bobby Lasix and you go to the bathroom all day to ensure the kidneys are functioning then they will let him check out.

Anonymous said...

JULI,

IF YOU CAN, LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GET ON THE ROAD.

TAKE CARE
MARGIE

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. We're still praying.

Lina said...

This is such good news - Bobby is really a trooper! I hope you can have a nice respite before the next session. Thank you, Juli, for keeping us so well-informed.
Love Lina
PS. Patrick and Jennifer send their love and are also praying for you both. They love you too.

Anonymous said...

Hang tough. We are all praying for you both. Hope you can head to Memphis soon. Love, Karin