Rough Waters

Yesterday turned out to be a rough day. We had to skip the 2pm dose because of low blood pressures and utter exhaustion. Bobby recovered some by evening and we were able to take the 10pm dose. He had the chills/rigors/cold sweats at midnight, lasting about an hour. Since about 3am, low blood pressures have become a concern again, getting as low as 80/45. They did two treatments of extra fluids and are now trying neosynephrine IV. It seems to be improving some, but we had to skip the 6am dose. Hopefully, he will rest today and be in better shape to tackle the 2pm dose. For those keeping score, he's had 9 of 11 possible doses. Three more to go.

One of the doctors came in and said, "it looks like your team did pretty well last night." Bobby said, "yeah, but I'm feeling more like Texas Tech this morning." Both have taken quite a beating.

4 comments:

Nana Jan said...

I was eager to see your post this morning...and hope that the treatments that had to be skipped allowed for a little more rest time for you. From what I remember you telling us, even getting nine treatments is quite a feat. You both have shown enormous strength and courage. I'm praying for God's warmth to fall on Bobby today...and that you'll discover that you really enjoy sleeping in a fetal position!
Love you both,

Lina said...

So glad to get the post. I'm sorry things are so rough this time. The doctors must be pleased at nine treatments! It sounds like Bobby is breaking the record books. Take care of your sweet selves and keep up the posts. I can't tell you how many times I've logged on in the past 24 hours looking for some news.

I'm praying for good results today and that Bobby will recover enough to slam down the other doses. He is really showing them how it's done.

Love you both gob, Lina

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog entries to keep us up-to-date on Bobby's treatments. Sounds like Bobby is showing some real strength, determination and perseverance. I have been frequently amazed with your (Juli's) strength too! Your family's faith has always been an encouragement to others and our family in particular. I frequently think of Michael and the strength he must be showing as well. Thanks for the rocks and magnets. They have been a great tangible reminder. I am done blabbing..haha. I just want you to know your family is in our thoughts and prayers daily. We love you all! Bear Hugs!

Jim and Ann Vert said...

Continuing to pray....and just a note to send our love again. I like what Nana Jan said about discovering that you really enjoy sleeping in a fetal position, Juli. What a great way to pray about that chair. May Bobby feel God's arms around him during these rough moments. I keep rejoicing that the treatments are almost finished. May the cancer cells be taking much more of a beating than Bobby's poor body.
With much love,
Jim and Ann