We're halfway through the IL-2 break, an 8-day period of resting up and getting ready to go back for Round 2. We're spending the week in Memphis, staying in Grandaddy Armour's house while he is in Tulsa staying with Michael. It's another one of those paradoxical times when we're working to get Bobby's body strong enough to put it through more abuse.
Bobby's doing well, in general feeling a little better each day. We've been getting out, going to the Y to exercise and even sat through a movie, but he is still having some uncomfortable side effects (itching, rash, swelling, difficulty sleeping, nagging cough). We've got a call in to the nurse at Vanderbilt just to double check that he's on track.
We really appreciate the comments you all are leaving on this blog. There's not a way (that I know of) to reply individually to your comments, so just know that we are very encouraged by each and every note of support. I can't imagine going through this without being connected with all of you who love, support and encourage us.
Would you all do us one more big favor? Please add my sister Lynne to your prayer lists, she started radiation yesterday for the 2nd recurrence of breast cancer. She's had surgery and been through chemo twice and radiation once before. The cancer is still localized in the same area, that's the good news, but just needs to be eliminated. She'll be doing radiation 5x/week for 6 weeks. Thanks so much for remembering Lynne, her husband Rick, and college-aged sons David & Adam.
Love, Juli
13 comments:
We'll be praying for Lynne, as well as continuing to lift up Bobby (and you and Michael!) Glad you are having some half time rest. We miss you!
We're glad you and Bobby are getting some rest. What an ordeal.
Lynne is on my heart and in my prayers...and I'm praying for a time of refreshment for you and Bobby...that you will get sweet rest in the next four days. It's a privilege to be your friend and to pray for you and your family.
Praying for your sister and for Bobby to get the rest he needs. We got your backs in prayer!
love,
Karin
So glad you are half way there and thankful Bobby is having a break and feeling somewhat better. We are continuing to pray earnestly and without end - - adding you sister, Lynne, to our petitions. Love, Lina
Think and pray for you daily as my hands run over my "Rock of Armour". Larry Krieg asked about you over our coffee visit this morning.
"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
The LORD is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one." - Psalm 28:7-8
Think and pray for you daily as my hands run over my "Rock of Armour".
Larry Krieg asked about you over our coffee visit this morning.
"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
The LORD is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one." - Psalm 28:7-8
Hi Juli, you all are in my prayers! I am so happy to read how well Bobby is taking the medicine! Thank you so much for keeping this blog -- it helps to know how you both are doing, and I really appreciate that. I love you all so much!
-Sogol
Hi Juli and Bobby, We just heard the news via Robey and found our way to your blog. Our hearts are with you two as you tackle this together. We will continually pray. Love, Rick and Sandy
Bobby & Juli - I hope it's a beautiful day in Memphis, because the heavens really do reveal the glory of God and His power. Your lives are also a testimony to the glory of God and His power. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Lynne and her family.
Love, Bob and Karen King
Hi Juli, I'm glad you and Bobby are getting a little bit of a break. It's so good to hear that Bobby did twelve of the treatments! He is in my prayers and of course so are you. I will remember to pray for Lynne and her family as well. I know that everyone appreciates the updates and is praying for you nonstop! Thanks for being such a rock. You are truly an inspiration for myself and all of Leslie's friends. I can speak for all of us when I say that we look up to you as a woman of strength, passion, and honor. I love you very much! Give Bobby a hug for me!
Love, Katie
Tomorrow is a travel day for you two and we hope it will be an absolutely beautiful drive back to Vanderbilt. Safe travels are being asked for you. You are in our thoughts and prayers daily and we will certainly keep Lynne and her family in our prayers also! Happy Trails from the Hubbs!
Bobby,
Our Prayers and thoughts are with you. Hope to see you in Tulsa soon!
Dan Crowder
Post a Comment